Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Eve of 1.0 Character Transfer

You can feel the anticipation visiting any board or talking with any group in 1.0.  In roughly 7 hours we get our 1.0 characters back...

The excitement will probably prohibit me from sleeping tonight.  So many thing I would like to test and so many unknowns at the moment.  I am not even sure if we will get our job souls and/or artifact armor back.  Will the artifact armor we get be "dated" and we will have to go through it again?  Will that portion be released in this test?  So many unknowns!

Regardless, I intend on at least mechanics testing armor mitigation.  Likely this will constitute me sitting with the game up and an excel sheet, recording each hit from the damage log, running numbers for averages, standard deviation, monster critical hit chance, etc.  I feel the general community would do good to see how much mitigation armor will actually add to a hit (or increase our effective health, whichever you prefer).

If there is a parser program out there for 2.0 please let me know, it would make things a lot easier just to let a mob hit me for 10 minutes lol.

Feel free to comment about things you'd like to see tested or done.
And of course, tell me what you plan to do this beta, is it finishing off those story quests, dungeon grinding, maybe figuring out the crafting system, I would love to hear about it!

-Ventus Invictus


No comments:

Post a Comment